Sunday, October 4, 2009

Changing Cultural Space!

This week, we learned chapter 7, Nonverbal Codes and Cultural Space. I am really interested in Changing Cultural Space, because it helps me to realize how travelling influenced me the way I reacted with others and space changed who I am so that I can fit into where I am and its culture "Changing cultural spaces means changing who you are and how you interact with others." (M&N)Yes, since I was 19 I have started travel alot, such as Australia, France, Germany, Marocco, Ukraine, Russia, Poland, Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, Indonesia, Holland, etc...I have been 5 continents with different countries. That really gives me the idea how I relocated and was adapting new cultures. However, it is still difficult to adjust the change language and customs because of the unfamiliar with the new cultural space. Because cultural spaces can be symbolic with previously places which serving as causes of existing self identity compromise in new spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment