Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ethnic Identity!

Reading article "Mexican American Ethnicity in Biola, CA" by Eric Aoli helps me to understand that how ethnic identity play important in people's daily lives, especially the connection between family and religious which is supported as a relevant. Its impact to children growing up and how they took more independent roles. A person picks up own congreation and that changed over time. The value of the moral, faith is of what helps a person "to keep going in life" by providing hope, belief and guidance for ones formular. So the three theme of hard working, religion and family are really put in people mind and transfers into communication which evolving the interlocutors to understand one another of ethnic people. Applying in my situation, coming from Vietnam and with nonreligious and after reading this article I think how it helps me to realize that I am just such similar mexican in California, working hard, having moral standard which help me survival in a new country in U.S. that show my identity of who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment